Thursday, January 15, 2009

From a friend, for a friend :)

There's a new-ish post coming shortly, I promise. The delay I've been experiencing will be its primary subject :) In the meantime, I got this from Missie over at Death by Chocolate Martini, and figured I'd indulge. Unfortunately the chain'll have to stop here for the moment :(

· go to your documents
· go to your pictures
· go to your 6th file
· go to your 6th Album
· go to your 6th picture.
o no changes here… sorry
· blog about it
o …or here either
· Tag 6 friends to do the same.

Here's my photo -



Ahh yes, this picture. When I was at Iowa State, I joined Tau Beta Sigma, which is a co-ed music service sorority (of course at the time I joined I was only the second male in the chapter :) ). This was taken at Kappa Kappa Psi/Tau Beta Sigma Midwest District convention in 2001 or 2002, don't remember which. The blanket I was wearing was one that I was selling, as each had the fraternity or sorority's letters and crest on it. To sell some more, and to make a fool out of myself (since I enjoy making people laugh), I created this character called Blanketman, and constantly referred to myself in the third person. At a meeting of all attendees, when they asked for any announcements, I jumped up and gave a version of the following speech:

"Do you find yourself freezing in the evenings? Have your feet gone numb due to lack of warmth? Need some security in this harsh world? Then you're in luck! Blanket man is here to save you! With one of my trusty blankets, you too can combat the callously capricious cold! See me for details!"

So yeah. Fun stuff. Ahh, my sorority days - :)

2 comments:

  1. Cracks me up! I love that photo. Did you sell a lot of blankets?

    PS - How do you get your comment box to show up all the time? Is mine showing up like this on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sold like 5 or so at the convention, and another 5 to fellow sorority members.

    Not sure about the comment box - it may be related to the theme I'm using. Yours pops up as a separate window or something. If I discover what it is that made it happen, I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete